Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Real life goodness

Every so often I’ll see style on someone that not only do I not expect but I’m flat out impressed with.

Let’s take my man Brad here as an example of such an event. He’s not usually on my list of stylish guys until now of course. He doesn’t have bad style it’s just very simple. Plane t-shirt and pants is pretty standard day for him. Except for last week when I saw this outfit. For apparently no other reason than to look good at work (much appreciated) Brad prepped it up. Frankly I don’t see much wrong with the look. Like the look or not, for what he’s trying to accomplish it is spot on. Here’s why this outfit is so successful:

Brad
*in no way was he styled of posed for this photo

One of the most important things to notice, Brad is a skinny dude so almost everything he puts on, assuming it fits, is going to look good. And this outfit fits very well. That’s why people like Timberlake and those damn Jonas Brothers always look stylish. Genetically skinny bastards!

Use of good colors that all working together
Dimple in the tie is a nice touch
Bottom button of the vest is undone, which ALWAYS needs to be the case
Shoes match the belt, thank god
Jeans are the right wash and length for this outfit
Sleeves slightly rolled up (not seen)

If I have to criticize, and you know I have to I would say this: Typically, when wearing a vest, you shouldn’t see anything below but the belt and the pants. Here you see the end of the tie and if the tie wasn’t as long as it is I would guess you’d see a bit of the shirt peaking through. It’s a negligible offense but if we’re discussing what the rules are, that’s one that’s being broken. Still, I like seeing a little bit of color poking out.

Overall this is how it’s done, people. Again, you don’t have to like this look but the style is there. He doesn’t use any random fabrics, patterns or colors. Matches everything and keeps it simple. I also guarantee this is not an expensive outfit. Proof that you can make everything work as long as it fits well and you put a little thought into it. Well done, Bradford.

No comments: